Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Kona goodness...

The other day Ashley over at Film in the Fridge asked if we had a favorite Kona solid. Though I'll always have a soft spot for Kona Snow, Coal -- though I haven't used it in anything yet -- is quickly worming its way into my psyche with the help of her and many folks over at the Fresh Modern Quilts Flickr pool. It brings a nice calming vibe to quilts, and is a great complement to brighter colors -- not to mention it's infinitely more practical than Snow for a baby quilt!

My Joann's doesn't usually carry a very wide selection of Kona solids and I don't remember seeing it there before (or perhaps I wasn't paying attention?), so I was happy to have found Coal and a few new colors there last week. And at $2/yard off? Virtually impossible to resist!


Candy Blue, Tarragon, Ash and Coal. Not sure yet what I'm going to do with them -- this combination is out of my usual color palette (loud), but I was just drawn to how they looked together. There's a lot of inspiration out there -- I'm hoping someday I'll see the right pattern and they'll scream at me from up on the shelf, and I'll drop everything and start cutting.

Until then, they're just really nice to look at.

2 comments:

Craft-aholic said...

Love the colors you chose! I also found some wonderful bargains at Joanne's. They had some quilting fabric on clearance marked at $3 a yard with 50 percent off that! $1.50 a yard!

Pattie Crum said...

Contempory Cloth has Kona 20% or 25% this week.