Sunday, May 5, 2013

The power of positive thinking...

It took a while -- seems like none of my projects move very quickly these days -- but I finally got "Positive Thinking" done. Doesn't seem possible that I finished the top at the end of 2011. Missed the gift-giving occasion by a long shot, but better late than never, I say!

 Archie photo-bombs.

I adored this one long before I quilted it, and now? Totally in love!

The quilting (using Signature variegated "Sand Dunes" #20 cotton thread) came out about a half-inch apart, and it creates great texture -- not too much, not too little.

Not his best side.

The batting is Thinsulate -- lightweight but very warm...and, if the amount of cat hair on it is any indication, it's very, very snuggly, too. Every time I put it down, the cat was on it, and it wasn't like he had no other quilts to choose from -- he wanted THIS one. We watched close to the entire third season of "Mad Men" together while I bound it, Archie on my lap.

Yes, I know, I'm the slowest hand-binder EVER.


If I hadn't already sewn a label on it, I'd be tempted to keep this one for myself (or Archie), but it's going away soon. Maybe I need to make another one for the two of us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love this quilt! The colors are wonderful, and using batiks gives it a sophistication that sets it apart from other plus quilts I've seen. And every time I see Archie, I think, "Oh, it Rugen!" He looks so much like my cat!

Erika Mulvenna said...

Beautiful! Yes, cats are like the ultimate cuddle testers, aren't they?

Anonymous said...

I'm new to the blog, and love it already! I'm a hand quilter, but I really enjoy your choices of machine quilting and the texture it adds to your quilts. Well done!

BTW, love seeing Archie and Archie-parts in the pictures.