
QuiltDad's most recent post engendered an oddly defensive reaction in me today.
I'm not a diehard college basketball fan, but I love the buzz the NCAA Tournament creates. And while my blood runs forever Maize and Blue, my Wolverines have been experiencing somewhat of a drought in the athletic arena as of late (I know I know, that's an understatement) -- so I feel compelled to rise to the defense of that other home state powerhouse.
As a result, there are four fat quarters riding on Monday night's game. The gauntlet has been thrown.
Spartans, don't let me down!

11 comments:
Hmmm... suddenly I have a reason to care about the basketball tournament! Who will win? KateKwiltz or QuiltDad? GAME ON!!! ~ Jennie
sorry kate...just remember that carolina blue sky will be shining down on you tomorrow. go heels!
ooohhhh yeah ... it's on! and i see that jacquie, a fellow tar heel, has got my back. BRING IT, SPARTANS!
Oh I am SO on your side! Go green! Nice to find a wolverine willing to sheer for MSU in a pinch :)
Naturally I root for the Spartans but my husband is a UNC fan. We will watch the game from the couch with the dog between us!
QuiltDad...yep, Carolina!!!
I'm with ya--Go Green!
(OK, now the Spartan fight song is running around in my head)
Vicky F
I haven't been to michigan in over 20 years, but seeing all your Spartan Green has really stirred up some memories. I remember watching the NCAA playoffs when it was a fight between the Spartans and Indiana (Magic Johnson who was still mostly going by Earvin Johnson and Larry Bird)
Sorry Quiltdad, but old loyalties die hard, Kate Kwiltz has got my support!
Cheers,
Dionne
Sorry - I'm with Quilt Dad on this one - will you be sending some Carolina Blue fat quarters?
Go Green!
Carolina all the way!
Post a Comment