Friday, July 25, 2008

My new faves...





These blocks are the same size (5") as the little wonky & white ones I made a few days ago. I'm thinking of alternating them and using black & white polka dot for sashing. They're so much more liberating to make -- having just come off the Irish Chain project -- but they're messy! I'm usually pretty organized with my fabric during the cutting and piecing stages, but with this, there are scraps everywhere...tiny shavings from trimming the logs, and little bits that have somehow started clinging to the cat. He's had a rough week, and this is annoying him. But I'm having a good time!

I'd forgotten about this Wiggly Garden fabric until I was looking for bright scraps for my Shadow Box baby quilts -- and found the remnants of about 15 fat quarters I'd used for another top...so there's lots more where these came from!

4 comments:

jacquie said...

oooh i can see why!

jovaliquilts said...

Love your colors and style! Just found your blog through Quilting Bloggers (I live in Champaign and was looking through Illinois quilters).

Regi said...

Oh i love these blocks... the colors are so vibrant and alive and I love the wonkiness of them.

Cheryl Arkison said...

I love the combo of black and white with bright colurs, these are going to look amazing!